As part of the development cycle, Revel can be configured to ‘watch’ for local file changes, and recompile as necessary.
Revel comes with a test suite, see the Testing Module
Debug using gdb
Go applications can be debugged using the GNU Debugger (GDB).
- Debugging with GDB
- See Go’s official GDB guide
- This excellent go example at lincon loop blog post
- A StackOverflow - Revel debugging HOWTO question
Intellij debugging (goland)
- Create your project, for this example i will be using canonical “revel new github.com/myaccount/my-app”
- “revel run github.com/myaccount/my-app” to generate tmp/main.go - this file is needed by intellij
- Shutdown the running server
- Create project in intellij from existing sources
- Create run configuration and in “Program arguments” add “-importPath github.com\myaccount\my-app -srcPath
\src -runMode dev"
- Point “File” to
- In “before launch” add “Run external tool”. There:
<your gopath>\bin\revel.exeParamerets: build github.com/myaccount/my-app